Friday, October 23, 2009

Lying Down In Reality

I’m a keeper of sheep.
The sheep are my thoughts
And each thought a sensation.
I think with my eyes and my ears
And with my hands and feet
And with my nose and mouth.
To think a flower is to see and smell it,
And to eat a fruit is to know its meaning.
That is why on a hot day
When I enjoy it so much I feel sad,
And I lie down in the grass
And close my warm eyes,
Then I feel my whole body lying down in reality,
I know the truth, and I’m happy.


-Alberto Caeiro


I read this poem yesterday and it's been in my head ever since. It made me realise, I haven't felt this way in a while. I haven't felt happy. For a while now, I've simply been existing, not living. This poem reminded me of how I used to feel when I stopped for a moment and looked at the sky, or when I spoke to a friend for hours about life and ambition, or when I went to sleep, warm and contented. I want to feel that way again.


So this blog, where at least once a day, I write about something that made me happy, even if for a moment. The only rule is, that it can never be the same thing twice. I'm beginning today, let's see how it goes!


6 comments:

  1. felt close this sunday.

    Check out some snaps i've been tagged in

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vikash, thank you :)
    @Sudarshan, just checked them out. It looks idyllic. Where were you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I happened to chance upon and blog. Serendipity. And I have to its pretty great. Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn...My keyboard has a mind of its own! This is what I really intended to key in:"Hey! I happened to chance upon your blog. Serendipity. And I have to admit its pretty great. Cheers..."
    There. More like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous, thank you :) And I hear you about the keyboard, my own is sticks at the most inopportune moments.

    ReplyDelete