Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sunshine

This morning, I walked back from the department at my usual pace, pondering the idea I'd just had for my new blog. I wondered what my first post would be. This is a blog about happiness, born from the realization that it is something to be sought and won, not something that will simply fall into my lap. That being said, it is very easy to achieve.

So I slowed my steps and looked up to see the trees meet over my head. Thick branches diverged from the main trunks, each splitting into countless little twigs that looked black in the morning sunshine as it filtered through the leaves. The two trees from either side of the road formed an arch over me, so that I couldn't see which branches belonged to which tree anymore, rather like I was inside a giant emerald heart, with the branches like a system of arteries reaching for sunlight.

Then I thought, how lucky are trees? They live on sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. here's something that brought me a breeze of happiness this day - reading your blog..
    i feel a fluttering butterfly in my chest..thank you..i may not know which post to start reading, but i'll never stop reading this blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vishnu, thank you so much. Your comment just made my day!

    ReplyDelete