Thursday, February 18, 2010

Last things

Reader, I'm sorry for the absence of posts, I've been having net problems. I have however been faithfully recording my happy things for all the days I've been gone and you'll soon find them all below, if you're interested.
Today, I had my last mid semester exam: Quantum Computing. I studied in earnest for it, for about three hours, desperately missing A and G. The three of us used to have such fun, studying for papers together. We'd bestir ourselves to collect notes nearabout midnight, passionately debate the relative merits of plain salted potato chips and mad angles, try on jewellery, gossip, and do pretty much everything besides study. It didn't seem right somehow, to write my last midsem without them. Still, it's done now and I'm heartily glad.

4 comments:

  1. feels like i m reading the same kind of posts in both the blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Anonymous ReaderFebruary 24, 2010 at 8:15 AM

    It is a very curious phenomenon thar experientially, it is the last things that most affect a person and in retrospect, the first things are the ones with stay.

    Every last thing in my fifth year brought with it the pang of wishing that I had with me the people who were around during the first.

    One of the main reasons that I like your posts is that you appreciate the little things when you experience them rather than the rest of us who keep pining for what we had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Roomie, I know! I'm finding it hard to decide which post goes where these days...

    @anonymous Reader, now I totally know what you mean.
    I wish I could gracefully accept your compliment, but honestly, I spend a great deal of time pining too. I just don't write here about it very often...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't even begin to tell you how much I miss those 'study sessions'...Crazy as it sounds, some of my happiest memories of IIT

    ReplyDelete